Youth Resiliency Series: Part 1 & Part 2
Recording date: June 16th, 2020
2020 has definitely been a whirlwind of a year for many children and youths. 'Resiliency' is the ability to bounce back from tough, challenging situations. In this series, Jodi will guide you through different ways to build your resiliency!
Watch "Part 1: What is Youth Resiliency?" to:
- Learn about what it means to be 'resilient' as a youth?
- Learn about what's going on with our bodies in challenging situations
- Reflect on how much resiliency you have now and think about building resiliency
Watch "Part 2: How can I build on my resiliency?" to:
- Learn and try mindfulness skills that can be helpful for anyone, including guided meditation and yoga poses
- Jodi Ellah, Lynwood Charlton Centre
- OurSpace Session: Focus on What's in Your Control (and leave the rest!): Justyna and Jodi will discuss feelings of being out of control and look at different skills that may help lessen those feelings.
- OurSpace Session: Taking Care of Me: This session explores simple strategies that may help with the not so simple task of self-care.
- CBC Kids News: Offers resources related to COVID-19 by youth for youth! (you can find information beyond mental health supports)
- Anxiety in Youth (Anxiety Canada): Learn more about what anxiety looks like in youth. You can also learn about how feelings of control relate to anxiety.
- Growing Up Resilient: Article introducing CAMH's publication, Growing Up Resilient, which talks about ways to build resilience in children and youth.
- Building Better Mental Health: Article with 6 strategies on boosting your mood, handling your emotions better, and building resilience.
- Social Media and Mental Health: Article on how to change your social media use habits and improve your mood.