What is mental illness: How can I support my child or youth
Recording date: July 14, 2021
This session for families will help you develop an understanding of mental illness and its effects on the lives of children and youth we care for. The session covers:
- Understanding causes and symptoms of mental illness
- The stigma of mental illness
- Mental health services and types of therapies
- How to support someone experiencing mental health challenges
- ... and more!
- Canadian Mental Health Association: Mental Health Brochures
- Kids Mental Health: Parents Educational Resource (information articles and guides)
- Kids Mental Health
- The Family Care Centre (Parents for Children's Mental Health) (resource hub)
- YourSpace resource page on getting help now.