TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR ADHD
Recording date: April 14, 2021
Dr. Bill Mahoney presents an overview of treatment options for children and youth diagnosed with ADHD. Includes 30 minutes of questions and answers with participants.
DISCLAIMER: This presentation contains information that was current at the time it was recorded (April 14, 2021). Information shared in this video does not constitute medical advice. Please consult with a health care professional for treatment options appropriate to your individual circumstances.
- LivesintheBalance.org (collaborative problem-solving)
- ADHD in Teenagers (Child Mind Institute)
- ADHD Toolkit - diagnosis and treatment (CHADD resources for families)
- Parenting Teens with ADHD (CHADD)
- Self-Reg.ca - resources for parents (based on Dr. Stuart Shanker's work)
- Article: Positive parenting and ADHD
- Books you may find helpful:
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Self-Reg by Dr. Stuart Shanker
- Late, Lost and Unprepared by Joyce Cooper-Kahn and Laurie Dietzel
- Smart but Scattered by Peg Dawson and Richard Guare
- Dealing with Disappointment by Elizabeth Crary
- The Explosive Child by Ross Greene
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: A Clinical Workbook 3rd ed.
- The Attention Zone: A Parents’ Guide to ADHD by M.W. Cohen
- Printable ADHD resource page (book titles, apps, websites and more!)
- RJCHC Family Resource Centre - call or email with questions about helpful books, etc.
- RJCHC Community Education Service - additional workshops, courses
- Related FamilySpace sessions (ADHD, self-regulation and more)