COVID-19 VACCINE Q&A FOR YOUTH AND FAMILIES
Recording date: October 28, 2021
Are you a young person with mental health concerns? Or is there a child or youth with mental health concerns in your care? Do you have questions about COVID-19 vaccines or getting vaccinated?
This Q&A session for young people and families provides helpful information for making informed decisions about getting a COVID-19 vaccine.
- A family physician responds to questions and shares evidence-based information about COVID-19 vaccines.
- A mental health clinician shares tips and strategies to help you cope with vaccine-related worries like visiting a clinic or receiving a needle.
- Dr. Rebecca Steen, Hamilton Family Health Team
- Lauren Hawthorne, MSc MSW, Child & Adolescent Services
Special thanks to collaboration partners:
- City of Hamilton:
- COVID-19 Vaccine for Youth - lots of helpful info, videos, etc.
- Taking care of your mental health during COVID-19
- Child and Youth Mental Health During COVID-19
- Kids Health First - COVID-19 vaccine info and resources for Ontario families, youth and providers
- Info and tips for coping with worries
- CARD (Comfort, Ask, Relax, Distract) (source: AboutKidsHealth)
- CARD Poster (Four Strategies to Help with Immunization) (source: About Kids Health)
- Needle pokes: Reducing pain with comfort positions and distraction (source: AboutKidsHealth)
- Needle pokes: Reducing pain with numbing cream (source: AboutKidsHealth)
- Reduce the Pain of Vaccination in Kids and Teens (Source: Immunize Canada)
- Improving your child’s immunization experience (Source: City of Toronto)
- Jack.org - COVID-19 resources for young people
- YourSpace COVID-19 resource page