PEACEFUL PRACTICES AT HOME
Recording date: July 20, 2021
This session for families will introduce a variety of techniques and strategies for reducing stress, clearing the mind, improving focus and decision making. The session will go over how families can help teach their children and teen about emotional regulation, and also develop an understanding of mental illness and its impact on the lives of children and youth we care for.
- Stop, Breathe, and Think: Free web and mobile app for youth, with meditations for mindfulness and compassion
- Calm.com: Free website and mobile app with guided meditation and relaxation exercises
- Insight Timer: Free mobile app with virtual “bells” to time and support your meditations
- Facebook: Like “The Mindful Teen” on Facebook to receive regular inspirational quotes, poems, and articles to help you keep your mindfulness practice fresh and alive.
- Twitter: Follow The Mindful Teen (@TheMindfulTeen) for mindful tweets.
Guided Mindfulness Meditation Recordings
In addition to mindfulnessforteen.com’s free guided meditations, here are a few more recordings:
- Amy Saltzman, MD, Still Quiet Place: Mindfulness for Teens (CD)
- Gina Biegel, LMFT, Mindfulness for Teens: Meditation Practices to Reduce Stress and Promote Well-Being (CD, MP3)
Mindfulness Books for Teens
- Mindfulness for Teen Anger: A Workbook to Overcome Anger and Aggression Using MBSR and DBT Skills by Mark C. Purcell and Jason R. Murphy
- The Stress Reduction Workbook for Teens: Mindfulness Skills to Help You Deal with Stress by Gina M. Biegel