COPING WITH IMPULSIVITY
Recording date: May 11, 2021
Learn a variety of techniques and visual strategies to help your child (including children with ADHD) improve self-control, increase independence and follow through on more of the things they need to do.
- Coping with Impulsivity - presentation slides (pdf)
- LivesintheBalance.org (collaborative problem-solving)
- ADHD in Teenagers (Child Mind Institute)
- ADHD Toolkit - diagnosis and treatment (CHADD resources for families)
- Parenting Teens with ADHD (CHADD)
- Self-Reg.ca - resources for parents (based on Dr. Stuart Shanker's work)
- Books you may find helpful:
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Self-Reg by Dr. Stuart Shanker
- Late, Lost and Unprepared by Joyce Cooper-Kahn and Laurie Dietzel
- Smart but Scattered by Peg Dawson and Richard Guare
- Dealing with Disappointment by Elizabeth Crary
- The Explosive Child by Ross Greene
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: A Clinical Workbook 3rd ed.
- The Attention Zone: A Parents’ Guide to ADHD by M.W. Cohen
- Free printables from Kidpointz.com
- RJCHC Family Resource Centre - call or email with questions about helpful books, etc.
- RJCHC Community Education Service - additional workshops, courses
- Related FamilySpace sessions (ADHD, self-regulation and more)