Focus on what's in your control (and leave the rest!)
Recording date: July 13th, 2020
2020 has definitely been a whirlwind of a year for many children and youths! In this session, Justyna and Jodi will discuss feelings of being out of control and look at different skills that may help lessen those feelings.
Watch this session to learn about:
- Controlling outside stimuli and managing your emotions
- Engaging in ideas that bring balance to our lives
- Focusing on things that are important to you
- Finding opportunities for achievement
- Creating connections
- Justyna Cox, Child & Adolescent Services
- Jodi Ellah, Lynwood Charlton Centre
Related resources for everyone:
- CBC Kids News: Offers resources related to COVID-19 by youth for youth! (you can find information beyond mental health supports)
- Anxiety in Youth (Anxiety Canada): Learn more about what anxiety looks like in youth. You can also learn about how feelings of control relate to anxiety.
- How to write a SMART goal (Khan Academy): 3-minute video on creating a successful goal.
- Healthy Sleeping and Control (teenmentalhealth.org): Resource to help you develop better sleeping habits.
Related resources for young adults & families:
- Building Better Mental Health: Article with 6 strategies on boosting your mood, handling your emotions better, and building resilience.
- Social Media and Mental Health: Article on how to change your social media use habits and improve your mood.