FACING SCHOOL CHALLENGES
Recording date: February 26, 2019
Do you find the pressures of school to be overwhelming? In this energetic and interactive session for young people, you will:
- Learn skills to help you cope with things that can make school challenging
- Understand why taking care of yourself matters
- Get tips for advocating for yourself
- Learn about community supports
- Leave the session with helpful skills and information
- Patty Fraser, Registered Psychotherapist, Lynwood Charlton Centre
- Selina Buesink, Registered Art Therapist and Registered Psychotherapist, Lynwood Charlton Centre
- Anxiety Canada offers information to help youth and families learn about and practice effective strategies to manage anxiety on their own, at their own pace. All content is grounded in scientific research.
- MindShift CBT uses scientifically proven strategies based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to help you learn to relax, be mindful, develop more effective ways of thinking, and use active steps to take charge of your anxiety.
- Canadian Mental Health Association recognizes that your mental health is affected by various factors of your daily lives. This section of the website offers resources to help you stay mentally fit and healthy.
- mindyourmind offers resources that are designed using current evidence and research to reduce the stigma associated with mental illness and increase access and use of community support for youth and young adults.