WHEN SCHOOL IS HARD
Recording date: March 5, 2019
Are challenges at school making life unbearable at home? Do you wonder why school is so hard for your anxious or sad child or teen? Join other family members in this interactive session that will:
- Help you understand school struggles better
- Explore helpful strategies to try when school is hard
- Strengthen your advocacy skills
- Help you keep your own tank filled
- Patty Fraser, Registered Psychotherapist, Lynwood Charlton Centre
- Selina Buesink, Registered Art Therapist and Registered Psychotherapist, Lynwood Charlton Centre
- Anxiety Canada offers information to help youth and families learn about and practice effective strategies to manage anxiety on their own, at their own pace. All content is grounded in scientific research.
- MindShift CBT uses scientifically proven strategies based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to help you learn to relax, be mindful, develop more effective ways of thinking, and use active steps to take charge of your anxiety.
- Canadian Mental Health Association recognizes that your mental health is affected by various factors of your daily lives. This section of the website offers resources to help you stay mentally fit and healthy.
- mindyourmind offers resources that are designed using current evidence and research to reduce the stigma associated with mental illness and increase access and use of community support for youth and young adults.