DEALING WITH THE UPS AND DOWNS
Recording date: April 30, 2019
Are you feeling exhausted by the ups and downs of life when caring for children or youth with mental health concerns? In this session for family members and caregivers, you will gain a better understanding of the role emotions play and learn practical ways to cope with the ups and downs and difficult days - whether they are yours or your child's! You will leave the session with many ideas and resources, as well as some tips for self-care.
- Paulo Pires, C. Psych., McMaster Children's Hospital
- Katie Rincker, Occupational Therapist, Lynwood Charlton Centre
- Anxiety Canada offers information to help youth and families learn about and practice effective strategies to manage anxiety on their own, at their own pace.
- MindShift CBT uses scientifically proven strategies based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to help you learn to relax, be mindful, develop more effective ways of thinking, and use active steps to take charge of your anxiety.
- Emotion-Focused Family Therapy (EFFT) - Mental Health Foundations website with videos and resources