GROWING THE ROOTS OF RESILIENCE
Recording date: March 3, 2020
Becca and Van share a helpful starting point as you discover your way through some challenging times impacted by your family’s experience of separation and divorce. The session will share insight around:
- looking at ways your family changes after separation/divorce
- gaining active coping skills
- learning how to disengage from family conflicts
- and more!
Materials from this session are adapted from Child & Adolescent Service's Growing the Roots of Resilience Group. This group is a result of the contribution and the creativity of dedicated staff and interns!
- Sesame Street: Little Children, Big Challenges - "It's Not Your Fault" (video)
- Mindful Minute Breathing Exercise: The Power of One Breath (video)
- Easy Relaxation for Kids (video)
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation for Kids (video)
- Families Change Ontario: Guide to Separation and Divorce: age-appropriate information to help kids, teens and families
- Help Guide - ways to help your kids cope (for family members)