Stirring the Pot: Cannabis and Psychosis from an Early Intervention Standpoint
Recording date: June 2nd, 2020
In this session for youth, the Cleghorn Clinic team will give you an overview of what cannabis is, how it has changed over the years and its relationship to psychosis. The team will also debunk some myths around medical cannabis and offer harm reduction strategies. Finally, Cleghorn’s Youth Peer Mentor breaks down their experiences with cannabis and psychosis to illustrate the relationship.
The content of this session may be suited for youths 16 and older. Services at Cleghorn Early Intervention Clinic is available to young people 16 and older.
- Ilyas Khamis, Cleghorn Early Intervention Clinic
- David Waddell, Cleghorn Early Intervention Clinic
- Brian Cooper, Cleghorn Early Intervention Clinic
Cleghorn Early Intervention Clinic is part of St. Joeseph's Healthcare Hamilton.
- Cannabis & Psychosis: Exploring the Link, hub for youth to access information about cannabis & mental health
- Weed Myths, created by Nova Scotia Early Psychosis Program
- My Cannabis IQ, helps you stay in-the-know about cannabis, its side effects, and the risk factors
- The Science of Cannabis Certificate Program (McMaster University), read their publications, explore research, and engage with the centre